Delmarva Christian Writers' Fellowship is pleased to announce the birth of our new child, KINGDOM WRITERS FELLOWSHIP! This group, under the capable leadership of Eva Maddox, held its innaugural meeting on July 10, 2012, so the organization is now official and off to a strong start.
Meeting Place: Atlanta Road Alliance Church, 22625 Atlanta Road, Seaford, Delaware
Meeting Time: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. the second Thursday of each month
Mission: "Enabling and Equipping Christian Writers"
Motto: "But we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the Word" (Acts 6:4).
- Open to ages 18 and up
- Group size: maximum of 15
- Guests are invited to join after reading and agreeing to the KWF guidelines.
- Members are encouraged to present an item (even a paragraph) for critique at least once a quarter
- A desire to write primarily for the Christian marketplace
- Have access to a computer
Primary Purpose: To assist writers in creating manuscripts that build up the Kingdom of God
Goals to Fulfill Our Purpose:
- To provide a small group meeting where members work together to perfect their writing
- To provide an atmosphere of acceptance and fellowship
- To encourage the progress of each writer
- To hold each other accountable to their call to write
- To provide information as it relates to the business and craft of writing
- To inform of available and appropriate seminars, workshops, and conferences
- To work in harmony and fellowship with our mother group, Delmarva Christian Writers' Fellowship, and our sister group, Vine & Vessels Christian Writers Fellowship
Manuscripts for Critique:
- Typed (no hand-written manuscripts)
- Double spaced
- 1 inch margins all around
- Times New Roman font, 12 point
- Page numbers and line numbers
- Author name at the top of the page
- 3-page limit presented for critique in group.
News You Can Use
CLICK HERE to let Eva know you're interested! Or contact Teresa Marine at 302.841.2432.
We're a friendly group, don't be shy. If you're interested in becoming a member of DCWF, there are no application forms to fill out or dues to pay. Just show up at one of our meetings where we'll capture your name and contact information. We have a lot of resources and encouragement to offer, and new members always bring a lot to the group.
Established in 1993, DCWF meets the third Saturday of the month at Georgetown Presbyterian Church, Tunnell Hall, 203 North Bedford Street, Georgetown, DE 19947, from 9 AM to Noon. Meeting attendance runs from eight to 28. Many are beginning writers who are mentored by those who have been published. It is an informal gathering for critiquing and encouragement with resources to build up the Christian who writes. We follow a meeting agenda, but there is no membership fee or pressure; however, we do hold one another accountable to see progress in our writing. Meetings typically include a devotional, shared information, a teaching, manuscript critiques, and prayer. Friendships are fostered over lunch and between meetings. On occasion, we host day-long writing seminars or retreats and encourage participation in regional/national conferences. Follow us on Facebook.
QUESTIONS? Give Candy Abbott, the director, a call at 302.856.6649, email email@example.com, or use the CONTACT US page to send a message. We'll do our best to get back to you as fast as possible.